A Smudged Painting [9/6/10]


I'm drunk on the words spilling out of your lips,
like a tattered love note
written on a cracked mirror,
reflecting the outcome of myself
that could have been
that would have been
if I hadn't sucked the water out of my chest
and pulled myself out of the mire.

Like an encasing of sheet-rock
over a stumbling confidence,
like glass that has been caressed
not so gently by the sand paper
on the
ocean's floor.....

it takes effort, darling,
to see through
your secretive smile
to visualize
your
trepidations
writhing and screeching
beneath your polished skin.

Let me be your haven
from the howling
cynics in your mind.

Let my steady breaths
smooth the creases
in your brow
and calm the panic
flashing across your
azure eyes
as
my slender fingers course
through
your silky hair
and run innocently down,
caressing your face
as I pull you closer to me.

My cracked lips won't say a word, darling,
but know that my mind does not rest..
that I long to blot out your negatives
and dip the tip
of a fountain pen into
ink bluer than the sky
and remind you
what you mean to me
in a language that emulates
perfection.

For you are the actor
that has forgotten his mask.
And I am the chest that will store your worries.

No comments:

Post a Comment