Stumbling by Nicole Barth [12/10/10]


I'm swinging on this pendulum of emotions
you've placed me on, clinging to all that I thought I could control.
I'm terrified, and you're nothing but a saint cloaked in my childish dreams.
My tendons are coiled springs, flinching at the next unexpected drop.

Your flawless smile stripped me of my focus;
you've set my sanity aflame.
Rubbed raw, you've scraped the secrecy off my skin.

How can I describe it?
I want your fingers running through my hair,
I want your ribcage rising against my embrace,
I want your musings in a jar of translucency.

I surrender to every word you whisper.

4 comments:

  1. Hi, I just stumbled onto your site after someone mentioned you on Reddit. You have a really nice writing style and a wonderful voice and talent for words. You should branch out beyond your blog and submit your work to some literary magazines. Let the rest of the world hear your voice! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 4rytis,
    Thank you so much! I truly appreciate the compliments. I have been published twice in my school's literary magazine. I just recently won an award through the school's magazine for "Nonno", which is posted on here as well. I plan on--hopefully--getting a book published when I'm older. Please feel free to pass my blog around!
    Nicole

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the way you express your nature.

    ReplyDelete