The Looking Glass by Nicole Barth [11/30/11]

Say my name and every color illuminates.
Your voice is the liquid lullaby that pulled me from my sleep.

Keeping time with the cadence of your breaths,
I reflected mirror images back at you.
Palm to palm,
 I traced the sound of laughter
across the ridges of your hand.

The quiet sighs and unspoken syllables.
I would write them all down if I only knew how.
Thousands of words and I couldn’t seem to command them.

You whisper
 through quivering fingertips and lavender caresses.
 I’ve been scrawling your poetry.

I’ve seen it in the lightning. I’ve seen it in you. 

1 comment:

  1. I feel guilty reading this because I feel like I'm lingering too long in the window of lovers awakened. Lovely piece.

    http://lyricfire.typepad.com/lyric-fire/2012/01/lyric-fire-soul-diving-partial-poempart-confession.html

    ReplyDelete