Close to You by Nicole Barth [12/20/11]


My moon, my man is miles away and this song is out of key.

The raindrops type gibberish against my window.
So take it slow, take it easy on me.

There’s nothing to do but inhale
the musk of an unused room
and get lost in the fabrics of a forgotten closet.

But tonight,
 if I were on the streets,
I would follow you.

I’d pull you around a corner and down the cobblestones in Brescia.
The road barely wide enough for two.
Communicating through telepathy.

We’d be delicate and alone.
The puddles and crumbling houses as witnesses.
A sigh as you squeezed my hand.
Enough to tell you I felt the same way. 

1 comment:

  1. so sharp and wide....i like it. its remind me my write style when i was in high school

    add my fb: facebook.com/dwopunya

    maybe we can talk more about poetry.. :)

    +Matt, from omegle+

    ReplyDelete