Condensed Supernova by Nicole Barth [2/15/2020]

Not too long ago, 

you said I was a
Condensed Supernova, 

with all the trillion years of history 
bubbling out of me 
in ripples of cosmos 
and a smattering of constellations. 

And the truth is, you're right. 

I play with the immensity of atmospheres 
and listen to the winds of fate 
like a howling lullaby. 

I am subtle like a hurricane 
and as quiet as a tempest. 
I let the sunlight flood in 
through my pores 
just as quickly as 
fury sets me aflame. 

But you are the waves that crash against me,
smoothing my edges like tumbled sea glass. 

You are the lull of camomile tea 
that pours into my cup, 
the tranquility of 
Sunday mornings
and as certain as the sunrise. 

You are the constant to my wavelengths 
and the harmony that finds me 
again and again.  



No comments:

Post a Comment